!!YMMV Tropes in this work include:
** All kidding aside, the book covers by Daniel Dos Santos can be pretty awesome. Granted, they are not entirely accurate on Mercy’s appearance such as giving her too many tattoos and giving her some Stripperiffic outfits. But it’s hard to deny how awesome many of the book covers look with so much going on in each covers. Such as Fire Touched, giving us an action fantasy vibe with Mercy looking like an amazonian warrior. Some subtle covers like Frost Burned and Shifting Shadows are pretty fun to look at.
** ZigZagged with the art in the comic books
*** The initial artwork in Homecoming by Francis Tsai is very awesome. Giving the series a very action gothic vibe. Probably his crowning moment is the start of the first issue which features a [[FullFrontalAssault naked Mercy fighting a dangerous werewolf pack armed with only a wrench.]] The characters themselves look almost close to their description.
*** ZigZagged with Amelia Woo’s art in both the 2nd half of Homecoming and Moon Called graphic novel. While she has some pretty awesome art such as the cover of Issue 3 of Moon Called which [[ApprovalOfGod Patricia Briggs has actually said it’s one of her favorite covers,]] some of the characters look completely off and even more inaccurate than the actual book covers. Such as Mercy who looks more like a slender white girl than a half native american with an athletic build as described.
*** Tom Garcia's artwork in Hopecross Jilly is fantastic. With characters looking much closer to their description, along with much brighter colors and dark horrific imagery at the right moments. This comic’s artwork is very appealing to look at.
* ChaoticGood: Mercedes.
* FoeYay: Mercy and Marsilia have some shades of this. Marsilia doesn't like Mercy, yet prefers Mercy to fix her car.
* HoYay: In ''Frost Burned''...
--> (...) [Adam] and Asil disappeared together to take care of the who-was-the-biggest-baddest-wolf issue (...)
* IronWoobie: Stefan.
* LawfulGood: Charles, by the laws of the Marrok, anyway.
* ShippingBedDeath: Averted. Briggs does an excellent job of keeping [[spoiler: Adam and Mercy's marriage]] interesting, by showcasing that even if you love each other, it doesn't mean that you don't argue or have to work things out.
* TheScrappy: If there is one character that has earned the readers hate, it has to be Christy Hauptman. Adam's ex-wife and Jesse's mother. While she may not have been well liked after hearing Jesse's story of how much of a irresponsible mother she is and how she blamed Adam for Jesse's kidnapping in Moon Called. She became wildly hated in Night Broken when she stayed at Mercy and Adam's house. In that time, she tried to cause a rift between Mercy and Adam and actually manage to get more that half of the pack to turn on Mercy. Not only that, she lead the book's BigBad (whom she was hiding from) to the Tri-Cities which nearly got Mercy killed.
* TheWoobie: Anna, especially at first, when she's freshly brutalized by her first Alpha. By the third ''Alpha and Omega'' book, however, the trait is nearly gone.