- Awesome Art: It's drawn by Alex Ross, what else could it be?
- Fridge Brilliance / Hilarious in Hindsight: Look closely at Peter Parker, either when he's at the Richards-Storm wedding or at Jameson's office. Do you notice anything? He looks a lot like Tobey Maguire. The Spider-Man Trilogy movies have come out after the comic, so the possibility for the Marvels Pete to be based on the movies Pete is pretty unlikely. But it could be the other way around — Maguire being a casting choice could be based on this comic alone.
- Tear Jerker: the whole subplot about Maggie, and especially her goodbye letter. The poor literacy seen in said letter just adds to the heart-wrenching effect.
"I seen the man once, in the War. Just send him. He'll know what to do. Just send him..."
- The group of elderly men helplessly wondering why no one's sent for Captain America when Galactus is making his first attack on Earth. One of them asks in seeming disbelief:
- Ugly Cute: Maggie, the little mutant girl whom Phil's daughters befriend, whose head looks like a skull.
- The Woobie: poor, poor Maggie.
- Though if you go by the cover illustration, it seems the X-Men did get her to safety.
- She lived- she comes back in Eye of the Camera.