* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: The titular Lightbringer has been subject to many alternate interpretations by other writers (such as those of ''The Crossoverlord'' and Mark Banilbo's rewrite) or critics. One of the most popular interpretations is being well-intentioned but dense in ''Crossoverlord''.
** Some see him as the Devil, thanks to his unfortunate powers and name.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Hannah Ments after Issue 8. Her alter ego of Osprey has certainly helped.
* FamilyUnfriendlyAesop: Subverted. While Linkara states that he thinks utter pacifism allows evil to go unchecked, Lightbringer's speech seems more about ''apathy'' then the political philosophy, and it's clear that he holds himself back despite his obvious disgust for criminals. Still, it's ''scary'' how easily Lightbringer could become a KnightTemplar if he didn't have his morals.
* GrowingTheBeard: Most agree that the series leap-frogged in quality around issue 7, which gave Hannah more development and had her call out Carter.
* LoveItOrHateIt: The comic clearly has its fans, but just as much haters.
** Serious moments in the Linkara-drawn issues get weighted down by the art often.
** And then there's [[MakesAsMuchSenseInContext Smiling Man stealing a breast-sizing machine to leap through dimensions.]]
* SoBadItsGood: The early illustrations make it this in the eyes of many.