- Crazy Awesome: The son (well, great great great etc grandson) of Lucifer dressed as a mariachi and dropping random objects from the sky to try and kill a scantily-clad girl Jesus? It's probably safe to say the entire series runs on this.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The whole damn story.
- Designated Hero: Vulcan is such an asshole and a potential rapist that only Rule of Funny stops him from being completely unlikeable.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: Sancho starts out dressed in a poncho, star-print parachute pants and a wizard hat.
- First Installment Wins: The two-shot is far more remembered than the more serious revival, which hasn't even gotten a full translation and apparently only lasted five chapters.