YMMV: La Haine
- Acceptable Targets: "There are good cops, but the only good skinhead is a dead skinhead."
- Given the context, it could also be interpreted as just egging on.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The Cow.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In light of the Paris attacks in 2015 this movie is a lot harder to watch knowing that it came out in 1995 and tensions between the french state and working class immigrants would only increase.
- Strawman Has a Point: The behaviour of the main characters and their tendency to escalate anything into a fight can increasingly make one feel that the police's treatment of them is entirely justified.
- Woolseyism: The film has a character nicknamed 'Astérix', famous to the French but likely to be lost on English and American viewers at the time of release. At least one release instead called him Snoopy in the subtitles. Another character later snarks that they have Obelix with them; he was localised as Charlie Brown.