YMMV: L.A. Story
- Awesome Music: Perhaps the best use of Enya in a film.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Sara's mum is played by Terry Jones.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Somewhat mature example. But Sara is a tuba playing journalist, who understands how absurd L.A is.
- Subverted with SanDeE*. Although she comes off as this at first, and certainly makes a try at it; she doesn't really make any significant change to Harris's life. Eventually, the relationship is treated as just a bad rebound thing; which temporarily got in the way of a real relationship with Sara.
- One-Scene Wonder: Several, but Patrick Stewart's Mr. Perdue takes the cake.
Mr. Perdue: "You think with a financial statement like this you can have the duck?!"
- Recycled Premise: The movie's basic plot is similar to A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- The Red Stapler: Fans were disappointed to find out those shoe-skates don't exist.
- What Could Have Been: John Lithgow was going to be in the film as super-agent Harry Zell, and some of his scenes appear in some trailers for it, but was eventually cut. He can still be seen as the man in the distance talking to the magical Road Sign before Harrison himself encounters the sign, but all of his dialogue is gone. The cut scenes are available on some DVD versions.