YMMV: Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Bullying is best solved by siccing deadly animals on your classmates and then having them throw the fight when you pretend to transform into a magical girl.
- Fridge Horror: Kyouka's people are a race of body snatchers. The girl who she inhabits will lose her entire life if Kyouka remains in her. Her family has no idea where she has gone and she might have biological children from a marriage she never consented to.
- Fridge Logic: One wonders how Gekka has Enka's DNA... considering that she's an incredibly long-lived alien Physical God. Then one remembers that Enka appeared a thousand years ago which would also be around the time when Gekka choose to exile herself from Ocean. Since she's possibly older than Enka, Enka might be Gekka's child rather than the other way around.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: There is some difference in opinion about Pierre's actual gender. (In the manga, he tells Kyouka he's male.)
- The Woobie: Yuka. Despite the lighthearted nature of the show, as Kyouka points out to Ouka, everyone in the show had been emotionally damaged. But with Yuka, it's really her defining attribute.