* CompleteMonster: Mudou Gou, or the Gedou (Heresy) Bancho, sticks in a series full of [[AntiVillain honorable]] and sometimes heroic villains. When one of the FiveManBand, Yuu, arrives to see the orphans he considers his own family, we see in flashbacks that Gou [[WouldHurtAChild tortured and beat the orphans]] while disguised as Yuu and arranged them to spell out the Kanji for "Heresy." When he fights Yuu, Gou reveals he gave all the kids fatal doses of poison just to throw Yuu's game off, and activates a bomb in the orphanage to blow them all up. He then mocks Yuu about him having to watch the final one with Yuu dying slowly of the poison. When Yuu reveals he planned for poison and explosions, Gou shows his lack of honor by taking one orphan hostage with a knife to his throat. Despite his brief appearance in the manga, the Gedou Bancho proved himself to be easily the most evil and depraved villain: a fact he acknowledges with his CatchPhrase [[CardCarryingVillain "Aren't I the lowest?"]]
* CrazyAwesome: Akira enters the bad guys' lair with a car held on his shoulders, and it only gets crazier from there
* CrowningMomentOfSadness: [[spoiler: Machine Banchou's death.]]
* CultClassic: Despite being not even mainstream in Japan, it has managed to amass a following to its unusual fights and CrazyAwesome characters
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Hikyo Bancho is a fan favorite by most people
* FridgeLogic: Hinako saves us the trouble when Sasori Bancho reveals her age.
* GrowingTheBeard: The Five Dark Vows arc is where it drops its [[MonsterOfTheWeek Bancho of the Week]] theme in favor of much more complicated team fights
** The Dark Student Council, having more story development and CrazyAwesome battles than before
* MagnificentBastard: Hikyou Bancho. He's a DirtyCoward and ManipulativeBastard... who is a far better fighter than you'd expect, when he shows himself to be a badass later on.
** If [[Manga/DeathNote L, Light,]], and [[Franchise/CodeGeass Lelouch]] donated their DNA to create the ultimate magnificent bastard, you'd likely get Hikyou Bancho: Until Machine Banchou's appearance, he is the only Banchou able to cause Kongou severe injuries, the most impressive trick causing Kongou to be hit by a freakin' semi truck! And he manages to perform all of these tricks while making sure that there is no way for his opponent to counter attack. He later defeats an enemy by [[spoiler: drugging his food with laxatives the morning before the fight, and afterwards, as payback for trying to kill him and his friends, drugs him again, drags him into the woods, then beats him bloody. The victim is left a hikikomori, too scared to eat his favorite foods in fear of them being drugged again.]] Hikyou is a MagnificentBastard of high caliber.
* MoralEventHorizon: Gedou Bancho [[spoiler: disguising him as Yuu to beat up his younger siblings]]
** Takeshi [[spoiler: attempting to revive Hakai Bancho and destroying the Tokyo Tower]]
** Kenpei Bancho [[spoiler: stabbing Sasori Bancho to get Akira pissed]]
* NightmareFuel: [[http://mangafox.me/manga/kongou_banchou/v08/c072/12.html This Bancho from Chapter 72]]
* TearJerker: The shot of Machine Bancho [[spoiler:[[TheHeroDies killing Kongoh]]- and Tsukimi is standing RIGHT THERE. Some of the blood even [[BloodSplatteredInnocents spills on her]]. Her [[HeroicBSOD non-reaction]] tugged the heart strings far more than Hinako's [[BigNo screaming]].]]
** [[spoiler: What's worse is when Machine Bancho dies, Tsukimi still cries for him, and Machine Bancho finally sheds (oil) tears.]]