YMMV: Jorge Luis Borges
- Alternative Character Interpretation: "Three Versions of Judas"
- Award Snub: Borges never got a Nobel prize for literature.
- Freud Was Right: "The Cult of the Phoenix" won't be any more about gay sex no matter how much people say it is.
- Heartwarming Moments: The end of "The Rose of Paracelsus".
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Played with in "A Survey of the Works of Herbert Quain", which reviews several books from the titular (fictional) author; one of them is a collection of stories in all of which Quain has deliberately wasted a good plot turning it into a wrong direction, with the intention of making the readers believe they have discovered the better possible plot themselves.