* CrowningMomentOfFunny: It was... pause... pause... pause... paws... pause... [[OverlyLongGag pause...]] A GHOST! (The pauses are actually written out and take up two whole pages before another two-page spread that just has "A GHOST!" across from a full-page illustration of the ghost. Which actually is somewhat scary in spite of this humor.)
* EarWorm: The songs, when you listen to them on the audio book versions.
* FridgeBrilliance: Hank claims that the Coyotes' YouNoTakeCandle way of speaking is its own separate language. It comes out the way it does because Hank is narrating the story, and his own understanding of Coyote is a bit limited, causing him to lose something in the translations.
* HarsherInHindsight: In one book, a wild fire almost destroys the ranch. This later actually happened to the Author.
* PeripheryDemographic: Erickson initially wrote the books for adults. He was a little surprised when he discovered that it was mostly kids that were the ones who were reading them. But he ran with it, and is still going strong today.