* AmericansHateTingle: This was the only Japanese giant monster film released in Hungary, where it was screened without any context in 1989, a time when high-budget contemporary Hollywood movies were all the rage. It baffled audiences and got dismissed by critics; as such it's generally regarded as one of the worst movies ever made, up there with the likes of ''Film/ManosTheHandsOfFate'' and the worst [[Creator/TheAsylum Asylum]] outings. There was a good reason no company bothered importing the rest of the series.
* EnsembleDarkHorse: Mechagodzilla. While this film and its sequel weren't the most successful entries in the franchise, it proved extremely popular and managed to be the only monster besides Gigan and King Ghidorah to appear in another film, and became Godzilla's most popular enemy behind King Ghidorah.
* FridgeLogic: Japan's a series of small islands that are already seriously overcrowded in spots. Why not try to move into, say, Russia or Africa?
* SurprisinglyImprovedSequel: While opinions on the overall quality vary, it's still generally considered an improvement over ''Film/GodzillaVsMegalon''.
* UglyCute: Mechagodzilla in his first form. Even his roar counts.