- Adaptation Displacement: Out of all the animated versions of the original Mars manga, this is the one that most fans will think of. In all fairness, its appearances in Super Robot Wars helped in giving it some reverence.
- Arc Fatigue: The Plus/Minus arc involving Flore & Gyron feels like a season of unrelated filler.
- Ear Worm: The opening theme song.
- Ho Yay: Takeru's intense pining for his brother Marg was easily seen as this by fangirls.
- Tear Jerker: When the kid character is called Namida ("tears"), you know this series can be sad.
- The Woobie: Oh, Takeru...