YMMV: Gamma Ray
- Awesome Music: The band was created by Kai Hansen, for God's sake! All their live albums qualifies, for sure, and in their studio albums, THE album is Land of the Free.
Into the black hole, into the dark!Into the spiral, into the dark, the dark, the dark, THE DARK! *beat* *KICKASS GUITARSOLO*
- "No World Order" is another awesome album. It has the epic intro, "Induction", "Dethrone Tyranny", "New World Order", and "Damn the Machine" all of which are incredible. The other songs are all awesome, but to a slightly lesser extent. It is the highest concentration of pure awesome I have ever seen in a single album.
- Also "Heaven or Hell!"
- TAKE ME TO THE GAR-DENS OF THE SI-NNER!!! BU-RY ME AND LET ME REST IN PEACE!!! It's their intro song in their gigs for a reason...
- "Beyond the Black Hole", the opening track of Somewhere Out in Space. This being the highpoint:
- "Somewhere Out in Space," "Rebellion in Dreamland," and "Armageddon" are some of Gamma Ray's best songs.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Directly from being a non-melodic and heavy song by their standards, the instrumental section of "Lost in the Future" bursts immediately into ''Oh! Susanna'', complete with background whoops and eventual humming along, then dives right back into the solo as if nothing had happened.
- Even Better Sequel / Spiritual Successor: Seems to be this regarding Helloween for the metalheads who didn't past the two Keeper albums.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- "Gammaween", a.k.a. their shows at the Hellish Rock 2008/2009 with Helloween.
- "The Silence".
- Magnum Opus: Land of the Free is not only considered by many to be the Gamma Ray album but one of the best power albums ever.
- Nightmare Fuel: "All Of The Damned"
- Suspiciously Similar Song:
- The main riff of "To the Metal" will certainly remind a Judas Priest fan of "Metal Gods". Similarly, the riff of "Solid" is very similar to "Rapid Fire"
- Rise's intro will remind some people of "Fear of the Dark", or some more remote prototypes.
- The Japan exclusive "One Life" has a very similar part to "Cyanide".
- Take That: