* AcceptableReligiousTargets: Thoroughly deconstructed; writer/director Chris Morris was intent on removing the terror of Jihadists by making them look as ridiculous as possible. So far no fatwas have been issued.
* AssholeVictim: Ahmed is actually harmless and peaceful. [[spoiler: but is taken into custody and blamed for the actions of actual terrorists.]]. But this doesn't change that he's a holier-than-thou bigot whose form of Islam is really not much different than Barry's.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: The film manages to make Toploader's "Dancing In The Moonlight" a musical highlight.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: More than a couple of times actually.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: A terrorist attack on a marathon in a major city? [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Boston_Marathon_bombings Cue April 15, 2013]].
* HarsherInHindsight: In 2010, before the wave of terrorist attacks in Western Europe, the idea of terrorists in Britain being largely incapable of mass casualty attacks had some traction. Nowadays, not so much.
* HilariousInHindsight: The film was released in August of 2010, possibly around the same time that the Geronimo operation, which led to the death of UsefulNotes/OsamaBinLaden, was being planned.
* MemeticMutation: "Rubber dinghy rapids, bro!"
* IdiotPlot: Let's face it, if any of the Lions did anything remotely intelligent we'd be watching a completely different sort of film.
* MoralEventHorizon: [[spoiler:Barry blowing up Hassan when he bottles out and tries to surrender to a police officer who happens upon them. A fairly despicable act in itself, but Omar is especially outraged that Barry took away Hassan's choice to give his own life, and thus the posthumous rewards of his sacrifice.]]
* OneSceneWonder: Creator/BenedictCumberbatch as a particularly inept police negotiator.
* PainfulRhyme: Hassan's lyrics. A sample: "''For my creed/I di-heed''."
* RetroactiveRecognition: Aside from the [[Creator/BenedictCumberbatch police negotiator mentioned above]], the group's leader Omar would later be known as [[Film/RogueOne Bodhi Rook]] (the two characters [[spoiler: [[DelayedExplosion even die]] [[GoryDiscretionShot the same way]]]]).
* TearJerker: Omar pretends to be a doctor so he can deliver a coded message to his wife, a hospital receptionist: [[spoiler:"I've finished my shift, I'm taking my team to the top floor"]]
** Also [[spoiler:when he hears Waj kill himself over the phone after trying to talk him out of it... and then walks into Boots.]]
*** [[spoiler:...and it wasn't even a branch of Boot's, just some cheap little independent pharmacy, making Omar's gesture seem even more tragic and futile]].
* ValuesDissonance: The whole point of the film, but our protagonists have a hard time putting their finger on exactly ''which'' values.
* TheWoobie: Feisal. Waj takes over later on.