- Fanon Discontinuity:
- This is how most Foolkiller fans treat a lot of the post-1991 appearances of Salinger or Gerhardt, with major examples being:
- The bizarre Lunatik episode in which a renegade FBI agent allegedly had Salinger temporarily released so that he could frame Ghost Rider character Vengeance. The Foolkiller's method of executing his victims by burning is similar to Vengeance's; that's all that the two have in common however, as Vengeance does not kill, he only torments.
- Gerhardt was among the many villains who escaped from The Raft and joined The Hood's army during Civil War. Still later, he was seen in a mental hospital picking fights with Deadpool, and was among those vying for the bounty placed on Agent Venom's head by Lord Ogre.
- In-Name-Only: This is the attitude many fans have towards the Marvel Max Foolkiller.
- Memetic Mutation: The various rants in the miniseries, but especially:
Gerhardt: The garbage is home to me. I thrive in it. It strengthens me.