YMMV: Filmation's Ghostbusters
- Adaptation Displacement: The series was meant both to avert and to capitalize on this, being based on the earlier 1975 live action Filmation series, but riding on the coat-tails of the wildly popular 1984 Columbia film.
- Awesome Art: As always, this show is full of spectacular Filmation background art.
- Awesome Music: The theme, which incorporates Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor," has been considered this.
- Ear Worm: The theme song, again.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The show has more fans in Latin/South America and in parts of Europe than it did in North America.
- Idiot Plot: Eddie fell prey to a number of these. Numerous episodes suffer from idiot plots, in fact.
- Most of the idiot plots could be avoided if anyone involved used their time traveling abilities properly. Admittedly, if taken to the logical limit the series would be an extremely confusing series of temporal plans.
- Nightmare Fuel: Ironically, the ghosts and baddies in the show itself weren't really all that scary, likely by design. The area of the HQ where the boys suited up featuring weird abstract demonic artwork however, was.