The Universe holds many viewpoints about us. Feel free to decide who we truly are. Feel free to learn about us. Feel free to make your own destiny.
Oh, and of course... feel free to join us.
WARNING! THERE MAY BE UNMARKED SPOILERS!
- Les Yay: Eliza jokes with Justine about going back in time and starting the human race together as "Eve and Eve."
- Justine can't stop talking about how beautiful Shuncucker's face is.
- Magnificent Bastard: Plenty to go around, particularly Godfather Morlocknote and Demetra Kein from the audio plays, Godfather Avatar note from the novel Of the City of The Saved. Really, anyone just possessing a rank in the Faction qualifies for this trope. And, of course, Lolita.
- Mary Suetopia: Roma I and the associated Known Romes come dangerously close to this. Half of it is deliberate Values Dissonance on the part of the narrator - slavery is absolutely fine because they're at least not starving, ruthlessness is a necessary part of life, and patriotism comes above all things, so on and so forth. However, the ease with which it crushes the Nazi worlds despite their superior technology (one battle involves putting heavy artillery out of commission with catapults and archers picking off every single enemy sniper), the complete lack of any internal conflict from the thousands of competing 'lesser' Romes despite the civilization's bloody history of self destruction, and the convenient ease with which 20th century 'barbarians' adapt to its alien-yet-clearly-superior morals make it vaguely infuriating to read about. The narrative agrees with its narrator just slightly too much.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Ron the Death Eater - "Hello, I'm the Evil Renegade and this is my brainwashed kidnapping victim, Chris!" Doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?