- Critical Dissonance: The film won a Venetian film festival and was deemed worthy of national interest, but good luck trying to find the damn thing now.
- The Spanish government also had concerns for the film; the movie is set in Catalan Spain, leaving to fear that it would promote Spain as being a backwater nation, and issues with the Marshall Plan did not help.
- Dueling Movies: Epically lost to Disney. According to some sources, Disney's legal team prevented "Erase Una Vez" from going as "La Cenicienta."
- Merchandise-Driven: A large sticker book using cells from the film was released at the time of the film's premiere. It is sadly today one of the few things that prove this film still exists.
- The Mockbuster: Averted; it was just a sad, sad coincidence that the film was released around the same time Disney released their version. Although, it can be argued to be inspired by Disney's Snow White.