YMMV: Equal Rites
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Esk remained popular with fans despite the fact that her story 'ended' and she was unseen at Unseen University (sorry) from then on... until I Shall Wear Midnight, decades later in-universe and about twenty-five years later in Real Life.
- Fridge Horror: Cutangle is never seen or mentioned again after this book but given the Klingon Promotion nature of the position of Archchancellor he was almost certainly one of the fatalities in Sourcery.
- Cleaning the wizards' lavatory, Esk briefly stands between two mirrors, and glimpses one of the receding infinity of her own reflections waving to her. Cute, right? Now go read the other witch novels, and consider what happened to Lilith...
- Hey, It's That Voice! (the typeface version): At one point the Things from the Dungeon Dimensions speak in the same block capitals as Death, which can be a bit disconcerting to the reader used to later Discworld books.
Give it to us.
- Could just be Early Installment Weirdness: this is the third book in a fifty-book cycle...
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Granny's awkwardness in giving The Talk to Esk, given that she's later confirmed to still be a "maid" herself.