YMMV: Elio e le Storie Tese
- The Danza: Mangoni's real name is Luca Mangoni. Also, a couple of early members used their real, funny-sounding surnames (Cortellino and Zuffellato) as nicknames.
- Ear Worm: "La terra dei cachi" ("Persimmon Land") placed second at the 1996 Sanremo Music Festival and was immediately picked up by the whole country. No wonder, since the main section ("Italia sė, Italia no" "Italy yes, Italy no") is insanely catchy .
- Face (and Eyebrows!) of the Band: Elio. The other guys are still known in Italy but absolutely not at the same extent.
- It helps that he recently became one of the judges in the Italian edition of X-Factor.
- He Also Did: Elio and Faso dubbed the Italian version of Beavis And Butthead for a while. EelST also dubbed Terkel In Trouble and Elio voiced the titular alien in Paul. This is just the tip of the iceberg however.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: during their 1998 USA tour they recorded four short episodes of a miniseries called "Vite bruciacchiate", about their fictional discovery of the lost tapes of a 1940s band who "invented" many musical genres that were born only decades later. This miniseries was broadcasted only once on the Italian state television, two years later, late at night and without any advertising. Since it was never reprinted in any format, it can only be found on old VHS tapes or on some P2P servers.
- Sophomore Slump: absolutely inverted. "Italyan" is cited as EElST's best effort to date and is often put in lists of the best Italian albums ever by some critics ("Los Sri Lanka" is not counted as 2nd album for the reasons stated in "Stylistic Suck").