YMMV: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Armaros' dance battle can come as a surprise if you don't know anything about his character before playing.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: You play an agent of God tasked with hunting down and sealing Fallen Angels on Earth, in Hell, and in another dimension to prevent the Great Flood. Now try to picture the soundtrack that would do justice to such premise.
- 8.8: IGN gave a game 5 Out of 10. Most other sites were much more favorable. Cue the angry mobs.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Enoch appeared in ONE line in the book of Genesis before vanishing from the bible. He did get his own book though.
- Evil Is Sexy: Lucifel to a T. Of course, he's not evil yet, but...
- Of course, it's arguable if he's really even evil or not, thanks to multiple interpretations.
- Fanon: Of the Bible, apocrypha, and Jewish myth.
- Ho Yay: Lucifel's intense interest in Enoch borders on romantic.
- Confirmed in the novels.
- Memetic Mutation: Lucifel and Enoch's exchange during the opening of the game, as made popular by the commercials for the game.
Lucifel: You sure that's enough armor?Enoch: No problem. Everything's fine. (Daijobu da, mondai nai)
- Shipping: Lots of Enoch/Lucifel fans out there. In fact, chances are, if you google this game; it will be most of the hits.
- Tear Jerker: The ending, where Armaros, beaten and falling back into the darkness, manages to overcome being The Voiceless and thank Enoch for defeating him.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible
- The Woobie: Dear God, Armaros.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?