YMMV: Earth Girls Are Easy
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Lots!
- Ear Worm: Many of the songs are very, very catchy.
- Harsher in Hindsight: A lot of the humor at Ted's expense may seem less funny when one remembers that his actor, Charles Rocket, committed suicide some years later.
- Mac and Valerie's romance may also be a littler harder to watch when one remembers that their own real life romance ended about two years after this film, although they reportedly managed to stay on good terms.
- Idiot Plot: Alien looking for space porn crashes ship in pool of Valley Girl with boyfriend problems. Boyfriend continues to be a problem until she realizes she's in love with the captain of the alien ship.
- Justified, as the film acknowledges most of the characters are either idiots or loveable ditzes, including the aliens.
- Retroactive Recognition: About a year later, Wiploc and Zeebo would be on In Living Color!.