- Archive Binge / Archive Panic: Dork Tower has been going since January 1997 as a four-panel comic, a webcomic, a bimonthly comic book, and one-page strips for Dragon, Shadis, Spyre, Comic Buyers Guide, Comic Shop News, and other publications. The (incomplete!) web archive starts from January 1st, 2001, but to really catch everything requires devoting a good chunk of time to the TPBs.
- Complacent Gaming Syndrome: Often happens to Matt's sessions; even when they try to change games/genres/systems for variety, the gang inevitably falls back to their usual medieval fantasy standby.
- Crazy Awesome: Anyone who's read the comic knows how crazy Igor can get. But in truth, John Kovalic based Igor off of a friend in Real Life... and he had to tone down the behavior of Igor's real-life counterpart for the comic!
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The goodbye chat between Gilly and her brother Walden, as she prepares to leave for London.
Walden: "Can't say I blame you. There's not much keeping anyone here... guy-wise, anyway."Gilly: "Oh, I dunno. There's this one fella who's kinda cool. Sometimes he lets his anger get the better of him, and he's not having the easiest time of it at the moment. But I think he's pretty special. An' anyway, he's got a big heart, he's smart and funny and totally underappreciated."Walden: "Do I know this loser?"Gilly: "Probably. He's my big brother. And one day I hope I find a guy kinda like him."(Beat. Hug.)Gilly: "Well, except maybe for the gay part, of course."Walden: "Well, duh!"
- Discredited Meme: Anything Matt adopts.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Used when Igor plays Star Wars: Battlefronts
Igor: "I'm killing ewoks and gungans! I'm killing ewoks and gungans!"Carson: "Kewl! So what do you think of it?"Igor: "Explain to me what part of 'I'm killing ewoks and gungans' was, exactly, hard to understand..."
- The Woobie: Matt. He's part of a gaming group that drives him nuts with their insane tactics, anything he enjoys is instantly discredited as outdated or dull, his blog gets zero hits, his attempts at self-publishing have yet to succeed, the girl he has a crush on is only vaguely aware of his existence, and his on-again off-again girlfriend is a Clingy Jealous Girl who belittles everything he does and everyone he associates with.