YMMV: Dersu Uzala
- Anvilicious: While starting in the tone of a pamphlet to the glory of the Tsar and the Mighty Whitey Golden Age of Travel, it slowly fades to a critique of a heartless and selfish modern world that will destroy the deep and highly spiritual relationship of the natives with their environment.
- "During the Manchukuo period, the Nanais were practically wiped out in China by the Japanese. They had been confined to prisoner camps and in 1949 they numbered about 300 in China." From Wikipedia. Fortunately, it got better.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Dersu is full of these. Arseniev and his pals have some too.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Dersu is also full of these, as he seems to be a generous and (from an European point of view) a noble man unspoiled by civilization.
- Tear Jerker: If Dersu's end don't induce you to drip some Manly Tears, you may consider yourself emotionally dead to all effects.