YMMV: Dancing on the Edge
- Acceptable Political Targets: Stanley and Louis makes fools of the Germans in their own embassy. As it's right on the cusp of World War II, there are small swastika flags on the cakes.
- Angst? What Angst?: There are a few tears, but otherwise everyone is remarkably staid after Jessie's death.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: After Jessie's death, a number of reporters gather around the hospital, including one freaky-looking woman with staring eyes. The camera focuses on her long and often enough to indicate that she's important, yet she never has any impact on the plot whatsoever.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The entire soundtrack and all its songs, which were written especially for the series and sung by The Cast Showoff Angel Coulby.
- Paranoia Fuel: When the net begins to tighten around Louis, he doesn't know who to trust among his upper-class friends. Suddenly everyone is potentially trying to hand him over to the police.
- Stoic Woobie: Louis. Lots of bad things happen to him, but he remains composed throughout (most of) his ordeal.