- Awesome Mc Cool Name: A lot of the characters. Also, Oscar Johansson has a nice ring to it.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The Mexican Standoff, tension, confusion and paranoia reach their climax as a pained gargle and the first notes of Dimmu Borgir's Puritania signal everyone to drop what they're doing and Back to Back Badass their way out of an enclosed gladiatorial arena filled with Wall Crawling zombies. To emphasise - This Troper isn't even a metal fan and he still gets tingles down his spine talking about it.
- This scene also probably has the highest concentration of CMOA's in the whole series.
- Fridge Logic: If nobody's struck oil for decades what's fuelling the helicopters?
- Growing the Beard: The first episode had no story and poor animation. The second episode had better quality animation, but still not much of a story. Then, Castle 3 burst in with even better animation, a story, and a fully voiced cast. Castle: Repercussions upped the ante even more.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs:
Mullins: "WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU ON, BOOMER?"
- Too Cool to Live: Lloyd. Possibly.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not For Kids?: Aww, look, it's a cute little stick figure cartoon-OH GOD OH GOD SO MUCH BLOOD MAKE IT STOP