* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Come on, Cap's leitmotif that builds and recurs throughout the film is pretty encouraging.
* HilariousInHindsight: The Red Skull was apparently involved in the JFK assassination. Years later, the ComicBook/UltimateMarvel version of the character would turn out to be Kennedy's assassin.
* MemeticMutation: [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0KwKXTSADw The Psyche Hitler]]
* OlderThanTheyThink: The idea of Red Skull's facial deformities being caused not by exposure to Dust of Death but a flawed version of the serum later used on the Captain, which was later adopted by ''Film/CaptainAmericaTheFirstAvenger'' and some of the animated adaptations, actually originated in this film.
** Cap's rubber ears don't look very realistic.
** And his mask appears poorly fitted to his face, particularly in the film's closing shot.
** The mutated rat near the beginning ''reeks'' of terrible stop-motion.
* TearJerker: [[spoiler:Bernice's death]]. Sharon doesn't take it well.
* TookTheBadFilmSeriously: It can't be denied that Matt Salinger gave a pretty sincere performance in the vein of the late Creator/ChristopherReeve as Superman. Salinger plays Cap with such likability and sincerity it makes you wish he'd had a better film. His defiant delivery of the line "I care." in response to the Red Skull mocking him and the values he stands for at the end of the film, complete with BadassBaritone, is pretty poignant.
* WTHCostumingDepartment: The obviously fake ears on Captain America's costume, put there because the mask originally went around Matt Salinger's ears, but caused some rather painful chafing, necessitating the fake ears.