- Angst? What Angst?: Candi and the others seem to get over the fact that she was kidnapped, tied up, shoved in a cage by a crazy person and nearly set on fire. All they seem to recall is that Alex also dumped her that night.
- Bizarro Episode: Candi and the gang randomly go clubbing! Apparently they go clubbing all the time, they even introduce a new character there. But after they go home they never mention the club, or any interest to go dancing at all. It's like they just decided it never happened.
- Nightmare Fuel: Normally, the strip is light, funny, and inoffensive. It has however included one guts-churning moment when the protagonist is kidnapped by a disturbed individual who believes she is demonically possessed and attempts to burn her alive. He comes within seconds of doing so.
- Some, however, were just thinking Like You Would Really Do It.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible - The motto of Professor Fitzgibbons, who resents that Candi's art assignments are easily understood.
- The Woobie - Candi acquires levels of this during her long post-breakup depression and it gets more intense before it even really meets its halfway point.