- Anvilicious: People should never, under any circumstances discriminate against immigrants. But then, Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped...The media is comprised of a bunch of glory hounds with no consideration for the fact that some information is better kept secret. Oh yeah, and God is not there.
At leastespecially not for you.
- Ass Pull: Did you see the entry for All Your Powers Combined?
- Broken Base: Is Malek a wangsty coward preoccupied with victimizing himself or a troubled boy trying to make things right in a wrong world? Should humanity be rescued from extinction, or do the Amalgams deserve their place in the food chain?
- Harsher in Hindsight: The plot about how Germany has become racist and violent to the immigrants living there becomes this when in 2015/2016, due to the Syrian Civil War and the War with ISIS, a large number of Arab Refugees fled to Europe due to those wars where Europe's Far Right and Racist have attack and protest these newcomers.
- Magnificent Bastard: This guy noticed a Wide-Eyed Idealist scientist working on "purely medical" Nano Machines. How he used it? Soon there's an agressive Pale Rider infectee at large, suspended plan to use anti-nanobots in case it goes too far out of hand and ready superweapons to use in case it doesn't, prepared safe haven, his group legitimately nukes out anyone else, then Zombie Apocalypse inevitably causes a shift in the balance of power — and guess who's on top?
- The Scrappy: Malek shifts between this and the Woobie for the first half of the anime, only growing with help from Joseph and even a little from Hermann.
- Too Cool to Live: You won't believe how many characters.
- The Woobie: The writers are definitely trying for this with Malek, Johann, and the Outers in general. Snow qualifies too. Considering what made Xargin snap in the first place, that might qualify him as a Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds.