YMMV: Black Veil Brides
- Acceptable Targets: At the moment, they're the metal fandom's favorite target band-wise, and probably will be for quite some time.
- Archive Panic: Subverted; their catalog of music isn't that large, but their debut was released in 2010 and they already have a fourth album coming out, so for a rather new band, they're pretty prolific.
- Critical Dissonance: Lots of metalheads really dislike the band for their formulaic songwriting style, not to mention their (to some) cringeworthy image and obnoxious fan base; because of this, expect to see a slew of hate comments whenever they're covered on a website. Critics and metal musicians, on the other hand, tend to appreciate them a little bit more.
- Fandom Rivalry: The BVB Army vs the Violet Prisoners.
- Ho Yay: All of them, but especially Andy and Ashley.
- Love It or Hate It: Depending on who you ask, they're either one of the greatest new bands out there in the rock/metal scene, or a shallow disgrace to their genre. Their haters are a LOT more vocal than their fans save for the diehard ones.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Some of the bands' haters grudgingly admitted that their self-titled fourth album wasn't that bad.
- Signature Song: Either "Knives and Pens" or "Fallen Angels"
- They Copied It, So It Sucks: "Knives And Pens" to "Unholy Confessions". A lot of their earlier songs sound similar to Ax7, this was the most blatant example.