YMMV: Billy Elliot
This film provides examples of:
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "A Town Called Malice."
- Hilarious in Hindsight: If you somehow manage to watch Billy Eliot for the first time after having seen Game of Thrones, you'll be very amused to recognize the actor who played Balon Greyjoy judging entrance auditions at a ballet school.
- Memetic Mutation: "DANCE, BILLY!!!" and also "HE FUCKING DID IT!!!"
- Retroactive Recognition: Jamie Bell is much better known now for playing Tintin.
The musical adaptation provides examples of:
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: "Expressing Yourself" features gigantic dancing dresses. No people, just dresses. It's supposed to be unrealistic, but that doesn't alleviate the weirdness very much.
- Some performances of "Merry Christmas, Margaret Thatcher" feature a giant, puppeteer-esque INFLATABLE Maggie Thatcher looming over the stage/audience like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon from Hell. She is nightmarish, captivating, horrifying... and never, ever mentioned again. (This Troper hoped fervently to see her again at Curtain Call... oh well. Missed Moment of Awesome, perhaps?)