YMMV: Bastard Operator from Hell
- Anvilicious: A pair of entries in November 2011 were Character Filibusters at Microsoft's "new product version" and licensing strategies in general and Office 2007 in particular.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Two entries detail other fictional characters time-traveling to the Bastard's contemporary time period and interacting with him. The first time is Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, and Holmes turns out to be as much of a bastard as the BOFH. The second time is the crew of the original Enterprise, who beam the Bastard aboard to help fix their computer, and he ends up blowing them up when a meteor shower hits (the Bastard himself thinks he's dreaming this one).
- Crosses the Line Twice: The comedy is pretty much based on just how HUGE an arsehole the BOFH really is.
- Designated Hero: The title character is someone you'd never want to meet in real life.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The BOFH's then-current boss in 1998: "The bloody espresso machine is not a crucial server!" Fast-forward to 2014, and a news story about crackers hijacking internet-enabled home appliances to send spam.
- Jerk Sue: So very, very much, and a big part of the character's appeal.
- Magnificent Bastard: He really is one of these.
- Gina Barker.