* BrokenBase: Some fans love the episode, others dislike it.
* DevelopmentGag: Toph was originally designed as a muscular man (her original design being the Earthbender from the opening). Then the creators thought it would be funnier if she were a little girl and it changed. Toph's portrayal in the play is as a muscular man.
* GeniusBonus: In Japanese and American theatre, all the stagehands visible to the audience are dressed entirely in black to indicate that they are "invisible."
* HilariousInHindsight: The Gaang watch an adaptation of ''Avatar: The Last Airbender'' that is incredibly inaccurate and insulting to their intelligence, but the effects are decent. Many of the Gaang's remarks could easily be used on [[Film/TheLastAirbender M. Night Shyamalan's controversial film adaptation]].
** May have actually been intentional, according to a TakeThat in the commentary.
** Aang complains on how he's played by a woman in the play. In the Russian dub, Aang was voiced by a woman, who also voices the Aang actress in the play.
* MemeticMutation: Tear bending has become popular to desribe TearJerker moments.