YMMV: Amakusa 1637
- Moral Event Horizon: Matsukura locks up Kichou and a pregnant girl named Yone in a water prison.
- Nightmare Fuel: Natsuki's bloody Imagine Spot about the massacred Christians from Shimabara.
- The Cold-Blooded Torture that several Christians were about to go through in Unzen before Natsuki and Eiji's Big Damn Heroes. Being scalded to death with sulphuric water not only sounds horrible, but it was truly done in the Japanese anti-Christian persecution.
- Tear Jerker: Natsuki staring at the devastation around her after the Kobe earthquake.
- Also, the real Shirou's death at the hands of the mentally broken Naozumi.