- Harsher in Hindsight: Lillo Brancato, who plays C, later did fall into a life of crime and spent five years in prison for a burglary that led to the death of a police officer.
- Brancato revealed in an interview that it was during the film's production that he started doing drugs and, in a case of life imitating art, both Robert De Niro and Chazz Palmintieri tried to persuade him not to. Palmintieri took Brancato's actions very personally and cut off all contact with him.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Lorenzo expresses discomfort at the idea of C hypothetically dating a black woman; 4 years after this film's release, Robert De Niro married a black woman.
- Memetic Mutation: On the Opie And Anthony Show, Chazz Palmintieri and comedian Rich Vos read a scene from the movie. And to this day, every once in a while on the show you'll hear the "Louie! Beans!" done in Rich's mushmouthed style.
- Ear Worm: "Belmont Avenue", "Roll 'Em", and "I Like It".