%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
[[caption-width-right:204:[[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin What, you were expecting something else?]]]]
''The Drinky Crow Show'' is about...[[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin a crow that likes to drink]]. And Uncle Gabby, his monkey-ish friend who likes to bed as many women as he can. The two go off on adventures on a ship with a captain and his daughter, with whom the monkey-ish thing likes to sleep. All the while they're looking for Drinky Crow's love of his life, a mermaid, and fighting French crocodiles. Occasionally, they get tied up in various schemes in an effort to either drink alcohol, bed women, or simply shirk from their French-killing military obligations (or any form of responsibility, really).
Based on the comic strip ''Maakies'' by Tony Millionare, this series debuted "unofficially" on AprilFoolsDay 2008 on Creator/AdultSwim, and later "officially" the following fall. It became popular with fans for its [[RefugeInAudacity far-out humor]], but was [[http://www.maakies.com/archive/m748.html cancelled]] after only one season due to the high animation costs. Though at the least it was given a GrandFinale.
!!Some tropes used in this series are:
* AccessoryWearingCartoonAnimal: Uncle Gabby, whose only clothing is a NiceHat.
%%* TheAlcoholic: Guess.
* AmusingInjuries[=/=]BloodyHilarious: Not only do the main characters end up getting maimed on a regular basis, but they maintain a casual nature throughout the whole thing aside from the pain itself.
%%* ApocalypseHow: A big, red button.
%%* AscendToAHigherPlaneOfExistence: Monkey god. Booze God, Captain Maak God, French General God, Drinky Crow God, and Suicide-Gun God.
%%* BigDamnHero: [[spoiler: Drinky]] in the Vampire episode.
%%* CatsAreMean: The lion and tiger couple.
%%* TheChewToy: Uncle Gabby.
* ConspicuousCG: Animated at low resolution.
* DoesNotLikeShoes: The Captain's Daughter is always barefoot.
%%* DrowningMySorrows[=/=]INeedAFreakingDrink: Both show up quite often.
* EarlyBirdCameo: Drinky showed up in a brief animation in the 2002 documentary ''[[Music/TheyMightBeGiants Gigantic (A Tale of Two Johns)]]''. Fitting, as They Might Be Giants sung the theme song.
%%* TheEeyore: Drinky
* EveryoneCallsHimBarkeep: Drinky Crow's name is...Drinky Crow. Captain Maak's daughter is called...The Captain's Daughter.
%%* EverythingsBetterWithMonkeys: Uncle Gabby
* EverythingsBetterWithPlatypi: A platypus appears in the egg episode.
* ForTheCelOfIt: Which makes it look like a SubvertedKidsShow, particularly that of TheFifties.
%%* FunnyAnimal: Drinky Crow & Uncle Gabby, and the French crocodiles.
* ImAHumanitarian: Gabby's new girlfriend is really only after him to commit murder and cannibalism before her wedding but is too chicken to perform them on an actual human being.
%%* TheNapoleon: Captain Maak
* NegativeContinuity: Caused, of course, by SnapBack.
%%* NeverSmileAtACrocodile: The show's recurring antagonist.
* OncePerEpisode: Gabby or Drinky will show a [[GrossUpCloseUp horribly infected wound]] and ask "Does this look bad to you?" and get a dismissive "Nah, you're fine" in return.
%%* OnlySaneMan: Uncle Gabby.
* OrganAutonomy: Drinky's brain dumps him off after a botched suicide attempt. It goes for a drink at a bar whose clientele is made entirely of self-aware body parts.
* RidiculouslyCuteCritter: Drinky Crow is ADORABLE.
* RidiculouslyHumanRobot: The entire bar on shore is staffed with robot versions of the regular cast except for Captain Maaki... while the real ones are at sea with a Maaki robot. None of them suspect a thing until Drinky [[DrivenTOSuicide blasts his head open]] and [[RoboticReveal notices he's made of metal parts.]]
* SchizoTech: [[UpToEleven Hoo-boy]], the show seems to be set in a different era with each episode. Ostensibly the premise is WoodenShipsAndIronMen through the lens of utter madness, as suggested by the pilot. Except most people carry modern revolvers, New York already has a modern skyline[[note]]Complete with the Empire State Building[[/note]], and 1950s and 60s automobiles are common enough that they're not treated as luxuries. [[TropesAreNotBad This all plays into the show's trademark insanity.]]
* ThoseTwoGuys: Well, those two aliens. Voiced by [[Music/FlightOfTheConchords Bret and Jemaine]].
* WingdingEyes: You know they're really drunk when X's replace irises.