The tenth feature in the ''WesternAnimation/ScoobyDooDirectToVideoFilmSeries'', ''Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy!'' was produced by [[Creator/WarnerBros Warner Bros. Animation]].
For Fred's birthday, his parents take him on a mystery cruise, but accidentally end up solving all of the mysteries staged by the crew in order to keep the passengers entertained. However, can they solve the mystery of that mysterious castaway over there?
!!''Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy!'' provides examples of the following Tropes:
* AmazinglyEmbarrassingParent: Fredís mom and dad.
* BedlahBabe: Velma dresses up as a harem girl for a costume party.
* TheBermudaTriangle: Where the film takes place
* BrainwashedAndCrazy: [[spoiler: All the pirates except Skunkbeard's first mate, Mr Mysterio, who actually ''did'' all the hypnotizing.]]
* CaptainColorbeard: Captain Skunkbeard.
* CryingWolf: In a sense. The Scooby Gang start the plot on a mystery cruise, where the captain and the organizer set up every ScoobyDooHoax in the book to stump them but get seen through every time. Unfortunately, they end up so desensitized that when a real mystery falls into their laps they don't initially believe it.
* DramaticUnmask: Played with when it comes to Scooby Doo's usual hoax unmask. When they unmask [[spoiler: Skunkbeard, they assume Wellington is one of their basic bad guys - pretending to be a supernatural pirate in order to get some kind of treasure. Then it turns out he ''really'' thinks he's a supernatural ghost pirate. The gang is initially nonplussed, and the real unmask turns out to be his first mate.]]
* [[GhostPirate Ghost Pirates]]: The main antagonists.
* HypnoFool: [[spoiler: Mysterio was hypnotizing everybody into acting as the pirates, and convinced Wellington, likely with some hypnotism, that he was the reincarnation of a pirate many years ago, and could use the meteor to travel back in time.]]
* ManIFeelLikeAWoman: Scooby Doo and Shaggy try dressing like Daphne and Velma to get into the costume party.
* ParentService: Daphne dresses as a CatGirl and Velma dresses as a Harem Girl/BellyDancer in the costume ball.
* APirate400YearsTooLate: The ghost pirates [[spoiler: Wellington was convinced that he was the reincarnation of a pirate years in the past, and thought that he could use the meteor to travel back in time.]]
* ScoobyDooHoax: [[spoiler: Mr. Mysterio hypnotized everyone so that he could steal the meteor, which is pure gold.]]
* SherlockScan: At one point, the Gang are asked to figure out where a guy's watch is after singlehandedly solving ''all'' of the mysteries on the ship, and manage to perfectly guess where the man's watch is just from guessing what likely happened.
* ShownTheirWork: The TBF Avengers of Flight 19 and the USS Cyclops were accurately rendered.
* WinkDing: After rescuing Fred's parents with remote-controlled kit planes, Velma and Scooby wink to each other, accompanied by xylophone "clink" sounds.
* WhyDontYouJustShootHim: As pointed out by [=JelloApocalypse=] of ''So This is Basically...'' fame, [[spoiler: why didn't Mysterio just hypnotize the astrocartographer into helping him, like he might have done with Wellington?]]