- Cheerful Child: Dirtgirl and Srapboy, natch.
- Free-Range Children: Of course!
- Furry Confusion: The spectator ants stand on two legs and look a little more anthropomorphic than the ants in the "Antics" episode.
- Mr. Fixit: The reason for Scrapboy's name is that he's good with fixing scraps.
- Mundane Object Amazement: Considering it's an education kids' program, this is to be expected.
- Pokémon Speak: Hayman's 2-word vocabulary: "Hay" and "Hey!"
- Scary Scarecrows: Subverted. This one's quite friendly.
- Speech Impediment: Grubby, who spits after speaking for extra emphasis. She also has a pronounced lisp.
- Widget Series