Website / The Dead Horse Interchange
The Dead Horse Interchange is the result of what happens when a bunch of once-popular internet nobodies decide they want to make a big comeback. Whether it's reviewing nostalgic movies or games while screaming at the top of their lungs, releasing a half-assed radio drama, writing unfunny articles or making badly edited machinima
, The Dead Horse Interchange proves that it's simply beating a dead horse.
This website provides examples of:
- Apologises a Lot
- April Fools' Day:
- 1/4/09: Ebeeto considered posting a rickroll on his YouTube channel titled as his long anticipated "Ebeeto's Hitman Walkthrough part 3", but decided it would be a better idea to just jerk off and go to bed.
- 1/4/11: Ebeeto posted a video on his YouTube channel announcing his return to the internet, linking his subscribers to 3 Angry Video Game Fag videos. Most of his fans ended up dismissing the return to the internet as an April Fools joke, when in reality, the April Fools joke was that he fooled into his fans into thinking that his return to the internet was an April Fools joke.
- Anything That Moves: Ebeeto and Monty have become so desperate for sweet, consensual sex, they eventually consumated (and subsequently broke off) a flimsy "relationship". Schlasser also claims in Solid Radio that Monty asked him to "swap [their] virginities with each other".
- Arabian Nights/Days: What Salim pines for.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Schlasser responds to alleged accusations of being a ripoff of the The Angry Video Game Nerd with the response: "What a shitload of fuck!" in his Fat Mann Forever video.
- Caustic Critic: Schlasser in his Fat Mann Judgeth phase. Also applies to the Angry Video Game Fag, but it's more parody than genuine criticism.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Ebeeto as the Angry Video Game Fag, and Schlasser as "Fat Mann Judgeth".
- Cool Shades: Ebeeto notes that Agent 47 looks "totally awesome in shades" in his Hitman Walkthrough Christmas Special.
- Creator Breakdown: Schlasser left the internet after he saw angry comments calling his Fat Mann Judgeth series a ripoff. He presumably went on a soul searching journey before he returned to the internet as a self-hating emo. Crisis averted!
- Driven to Madness: In one review, Schlasser becomes so enraged, his screaming causes a building to collapse.
- Fetish: Monty is into BDSM.
- Old Shame: Schlasser is especially ashamed of his videos created under his "Fat Man Judgeth" period.
- Orphaned Series: Beating the Dead Horse (before it got canned)
- Overused Running Gag: "POP 'EM ALL IN THE FUCKING HEAD!"
- Product Placement: The Action Stick Mouse 3D45DX. (Grab your game by the balls!)
- Reference Overdosed: The Hitman series.
- Run For Your Lives:
- In Schlasser's Jurassic Park review, when it becomes clear that he's reviewing a good game, a 1950's crowd is shown running away.
- Schlasser's trailer for his Love Guru review consists entirely of a segment of the The War Of The Worlds movie where everyone is running away. The poor special effects superimposing the DHI logo over the alien spaceships also add to the illusion.
- Schedule Slip: Ebeeto went through a period of this during 2007 and 2009.
- Self-Deprecation: Pretty much everyone.
- Spiritual Successor: To Busy Street.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Ebeeto "transforms" into The Angry Video Game Fag whenever he is angered enough. The transformation comes complete with a video game inspired cutscene.
- Troll: Thanks to their association with Busy Street.
- We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties: Ebeeto's review of Pit Fighter. Twice.
- With Friends Like These...: In Solid Radio, everyone.
- Video Review Show