Webcomic: Twelve Dragons
Twelve Dragons is a highly under-appreciated fantasy webcomic. It is very violent at times, but incorporates a long-running and in-depth storyline which, several chapters in, is still only just beginning. It has an awful lot of backstory evident in the telling of the story.Go, read. It's good.
- And I Must Scream: Being in a prison suit is a more mobile version of this. Your body moves, walks, and talks, but the wearer has little to no control, and any attempt to disobey is met with unimaginable pain.
- Clean Cut
- Cool and Unusual Punishment - Prison suits; the sentenced are forced to wear the suit for their entire lives, cannot talk about themselves, are eternally hungry, and their souls can't even escape from captivity after they die.
- The last part is primarily true of the suits made of heavenstone. It is possible for a suit made of a substance other than heavenstone to be opened, but only by an outside force, and if a non-heavenstone suit is broken after death, the soul escapes.
- Call a Smeerp a "Rabbit": Quite common. For one, Horses are a form of selectivity-bred unicorn, named after the king that ordered them, and both sharks and bears feed on magic instead of flesh; the former have wings and fly, while the latter are only semiphysical.
- Extra Eyes - Grog, on occasion. Also a whole race of three eyes.
- Face Palm
- Hell Hound - Two of them, so far
- Humans Are Bastards - Not all of them, per se, but certainly the ones in power.
- Loveable Sex Maniac - Grog.
- Master Swordsman - All of the Four Swordsmen.
- Mixed Ancestry - There are several people of Mixed Ancestry, but their existence is outlawed by humans.
- Power Perversion Potential: Grog. You know every one of those possible applications of shapeshifting, even the really squicky ones? Grog can, and has, used them all.
- Sealed Evil in a Can - In a ring, actually.
- And the mentioned prison suits above. They were used to seal a number of criminals, exiles, and unwanted, as well as evil overlords and the like. Those bound in the suits behave as an Empty Shell, doing nothing unless actively told to do so. This includes eating and drinking.
- Single-Stroke Battle
- Speaks Fluent Animal - After being cursed with this, Krok became a vegetarian.
- The Casanova and The Pornomancer: Grog. He can take any shape he pleases, making him able to take, amongst others, the forms of very attractive men.
- Ultimate Blacksmith - Krok
- Unstoppable Rage - Happens to a few characters over the course of the series. Red eyes are a sure sign of this.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting - Grog