-> ''It's Beauty and the Beast. If the eldest sister had instead been an older brother. Who decides he'd sooner punch a beast in the face than send off his little sister. Also itís a space opera/buddy cop series. Except that last one.''
-->-- In the words of the author
''[[http://comic.inkbeast.net/spina/ Spina Cage]]'' is an Urban Fantasy webcomic by [[https://i-s-p.deviantart.com/ i-s-p]] about a snarky guy named Adrian. One night his father comes home from a business trip with a cut on his arm and a story about a monster that wants Adrian's littlest sister, Chelsea. Not believing the tale, Adrian goes in her stead. [[BlatantLies Fun ensues]].
First chapter mirrored on Website/SmackJeeves [[http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=11830 here.]]
!!Spina Cage contains examples of:
* ArmorPiercingQuestion: "Hasn't anyone ever depended on you?" seems to be one for Joven on the most recent page.
* ArtEvolution: [[http://comic.inkbeast.net/archive/part-1-14-6b25e45/ This]] to [[http://comic.inkbeast.net/archive/part-three-6/ this]] with five years inbetween.
* BeastAndBeauty: ''Spina Cage'' is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast in modern times with an attractive young man named Adrian in Beauty's place.
* BlackEyesOfEvil: [[spoiler:The Thorn Faerie]].
* TheFairFolk: We've seen one and he isn't very nice.
* GildedCage: Adrian sees his new "home" as one, and it is unquestionably one for the manor's master.
* StayOnThePath: When Adrian is sent back home after his new captor has a bout of guilt he is told to be sure not to wander from the path. When he is lured off of it by what appears to be someone in distress he is nearly eaten.