Webcomic: Nine Planets Without Intelligent Life
A philosophical road comic about two unemployed robots, Chris and Ben, on an improvised interplanetary voyage of self discovery. Find it here.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- After the End
- The Aloner: Chris spends 25 years drifting helplessly in space.
- Big Fat Future: Just before the end.
- Calvin Ball: They never explain what exactly Tooey is doing, nor how it involves pitching, fumbling, yardage, and a hockey stick.
- Hidden Depths: Ben has a secret poetry journal.
- Humanity's Wake
- Improvised Microgravity Maneuvering
- Infinite Canvas
- Pluto Is Expendable: The comic started before Pluto's demotion. While it's later acknowledged that there are only eight planets, Chris insists on going anyway.
- Ridiculous Future Inflation: On Uranus, where a single lozenge costs "one ∞ dollars".
- Robot War: The robots of Mars are in a constant state of conflict; even individual buildings can be divided between warring factions.
- Sexbot: Humanity died out when they started preferring these to actual human beings.
- Time Skip: From the beginning to the end of Chris's time drifting in space. In the print edition, this marks the transition to volume two.
- Webcomic Time:Ben: I feel like I've been on that floor for five months.