[[caption-width-right:322:It's gonna get weird.]]
''[[http://ddwg.spiderforest.com/ Damsels Don’t Wear Glasses]]'' is an action/urban fantasy series about a [[ActionGirl tough]], [[DeadpanSnarker dry-humored]] woman named Lave Faraday who is tasked with putting away errant sorcery and horrors in a city populated by mythical creatures and supernatural oddities. Oh and now she has to look after a child for reasons no-one will tell her.
!!''Damsels Don't Wear Glasses'' contains examples of:
* ActionGirl: Lave deals with zombies by running them through with her sword, throwing them off a wall, and simply bashing them together.
* BlindWithoutEm: Our heroine is near-sighted. Not that it will stop her from fighting with a bunch of blurry figures.
* BareYourMidriff: Lave's not too shy about walking around in a sports bra.
* BlackMagic: In chapter one, Kest attempts to use black magic (necromancy, specifically), which backfires on him considerably.
-->'''Kest:''' This is basically all your fault, you crazy bit—
* DeadpanSnarker: Lave certainly has no trouble mocking her subjects even as she’s apprehending them.
* DemonicPossession: [[spoiler: Kest ends up falling victim to this at the end of chapter 1.]]
* DroppedGlasses: As early as the first chapter. It's hard to fight with glasses without them getting knocked off of your face once in a while.
* EstablishingCharacterMoment: Lave makes her debut saving a goat from being sacrificed, and casually greeting the guy she’s stopping, while [[PetTheDog petting the goat]].
* EverythingsDeaderWithZombies: Just one of the paranormal beings present here.
* ExtremeOmniGoat: The sacrificial goat escapes by eating its leash.
* FieryRedHead: Lave: red-haired, combative daredevil.
* HermeticMagic: Kest's spell requires a magic circle, candles, an orb, a spellbook, a skull, a knife, a goat, and enough time that his audience gets bored.
* IHaveTheHighGround: Lave often perches atop trees, walls, posts, or a telephone pole.
* InHarmsWay: Lave enjoys danger. Kest does not.
-->'''Lave:''' Pretty exciting night we're having, huh?\\
'''Kest:''' Exciting? EXCITING?
* InsistentTerminology: Kest would like the audience to remember that he isn't in a cult, it’s an order.
* InstantRunes: Appearing on the bodies of the undead.
--> '''Kest:''' This tastes like carbonated nail polish.
* NeverTrustATitle: Lave ''does'' wear glasses.
* [[PetTheDog Pet The Goat]]: Lave is abrasive to humans, but not to the goat.
* PowerCrystal: Kest's magical orb apparently stores some sort of magical energy.
* PowerGlows: Necromancy glows green.
* RemovingTheHeadOrDestroyingTheBrain: Unfortunately for Kest, in chapter 1 [[spoiler: this is subverted, and the undead spirit possessing what was previously thought to be your run-of-the-mill zombie keeps on going [[http://damsels-dont-wear-glasses.com/?comic_id=39 without a physical head]]. Even Lave is shocked by this.]]
* RiseFromYourGrave: Zombies erupt from the cemetery in the classic manner.
* ScrewThisImOuttaHere: The rest of the cultists book it when things go wrong.
* SicklyGreenGlow: Indicating black magic is at work here.
* ZombieInfectee: [[spoiler: Kest]] develops a suspicious green filigree after being bitten.