[[caption-width-right:350:[-The 2016 retconned cast (from top to bottom, left to right): [[ChildProdigy Peppermint]], [[CuteMonsterGirl Candy]], [[HighlyVisibleNinja Daifuku]]/[[BodyHorror Mochi]], [[OurDemonsAreDifferent Lacie]], [[OurAngelsAreDifferent Shelbie]]-] ]]
''[[http://www.crazysunshine.com Crazy Sunshine]]'' began as a webcomic series in 2005, was renewed in 2011, and ended in 2014 after 185 strips.
In 2016, Crazy Sunshine’s concept shifted from a webcomic series to a collection of non-sequential excerpts, revolving around a group of unlikely acquaintances and their comedic struggle to stop the end of the universe again and again.
With new stories and retconned characters, Crazy Sunshine is no longer a webcomic, but an archive of continuously evolving creativity.
!! Crazy Sunshine provides examples of:
* ActionGirl: The main cast of characters all boast supernatural powers.
* AltText: Inside jokes can sometimes be seen when moving the cursor over images.
* AnimeHair: Lacie has the spiky variety.
* ArtEvolution: The characters gain multiple new redesigns throughout the years.
* BellyMouth: Mochi is one of these for Daifuku, unfortunately for her.
* BodyHorror: Mochi, of course.
* BreakingTheFourthWall: The author and characters sometimes speak directly to the readers.
* BullyingADragon: Lacie routinely makes fun of or messes with other characters, including [[TheBigGuy Candy]].
* TheDitz: Shelbie, and very much so.
* DumbBlond: Shelbie borders on TooDumbToLive.
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Despite Lacie's race being hell-bent on making the planet's dwellers miserable, she aids in saving the universe from time to time in order to protect her own hide.
* FieryRedhead: Daifuku is an interesting play on the trope. She is a skilled swordsman that is [[ActualPacifist too nice for her own good]]. However, being possessed by the spirit of the evil emperor Mochi, she is known for bouts of unrelenting anger, despite never having any recollection of what just happened.
* FunWithAcronyms: Shelbie's squadron name is "S.U.G.A.R", which stands for stands for the "Super Guardian Angel Regiment".
* GadgeteerGenius: Peppermint, age 11, has made countless creations including sentient house cleaning robots.
* GirlishPigtails: On top of being stupid, Shelbie is prone to childlike behavior.
* HighlyVisibleNinja: Daifuku wears bright, diverse colors. Getting a second mouth in her gut hasn't exactly improved her stealthiness, either.
* IdiotHair: While Peppermint has an "ahoge" she's [[GadgeteerGenius far from an idiot]]. Lacie on the other hand [[BullyingADragon fits the bill]].
* LoveFreak: Shelbie; especially with Lacie despite [[VitriolicBestBuds being on a mission to exterminate her]].
* MegaTwintails: Shelbie's tails could easily cover her face if flipped over.
* RoboticReveal: Peppermint soul is embedded into a robotic chassis.
* ThemeNaming: [[WordOfGod The creator]] has stated that the characters are purposefully named with candy/sweets as the theme.
* TomboyishPonytail: Candy combines this with sidetails thanks to the ponytail making her hair look short in the back.
* WingdingEyes: Specifically of the HeartSymbol variety when it comes to Shelbie.
* ZettaiRyouiki: Sported by Lacie, Shelbie and Peppermint's robotic chassis.