Webcomic: Chester 5000 XYV
Robots are a girl's best friend.
Life is good for Priscilla. She is young and beautiful, has inherited a fortune from her father, and has just gotten married to a talented and handsome Scientist. Unfortunately, being a successful Scientist requires a lot of work. As he finds out during their honeymoon, Priscilla has quite an appetite for bed games, and he worries about how he will handle the situation when duty calls. In the spirit of a true engineer, he makes the only logical decision: he builds her a robot
. The comic follows the turn of events as Priscilla gets to know the ultimate sex toy of the 19th century.Chester 5000 XYV
is a story driven erotic comic
set in the Victorian era. It contrasts with the common standard in that it doesn't use those unnecessary, superfluous things they call words. The story is told solely by the ink-washed images (with the exception of some sound effects
), and the names of the characters are unknown (with the exception of Chester). It's also explicitly
sexual, not that there's anything different in that
, while still maintaining a high degree of romance and characterization.
The comic is drawn by Jess Fink. Between 30 August 2008 and 16 November 2008 it updated every day, but then it took a Series Hiatus
until 9 March 2009. Subsequently, it updated Tuesdays and Thursdays until April, 2010, where it went on another hiatus. This lasted until the 1 March 2011, when Fink began publishing pages once more.
The entire site's borderline NSFW, so unfortunately, it can't be directly linked.
This series provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: Comparing recent to old comics, the lines grow smoother, the anatomy improves and there are more details.
- Everyone Is Bi: As of the most recent storyline. The only character who hasn't exhibited attraction to more than one gender is Chester (for now at least).
- Heroic Mime: Kind of. It's clear that the characters are talking among themselves, but the readers can't see it.
- Love Triangle: Between Priscilla, the Scientist, and Chester. Chester and Scientist even come to blows at one point.
- Porn with Plot: The entire thing. Jess Fink comments on it in a comic for Oh Boy, Sex Toy, asking why porn can't also contain important messages or good plots like any other genre.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Chester can feel pain, love and even appreciate hints and nuances. His physique is also human, to the point that when he climaxes, the lady risks oil stains.
- Romancing the Widow: Lets just say she isn't lonely.
- Word of God: The names of the characters are never mentioned in the comic, but are disclosed in the Character Guide section.