Web Animation: Bradley and Gary
Bradley And Gary is a YouTube-based Animated Series created by Kevin Calaway, Tyler Booth, and Randy Hatfield. The first episode was released in March of 2011 and can be viewed here. It is an Odd Couple sitcom that involves Bradley taking Gary on wacky adventures, often against his will. Nine more episodes of the first "season" are in the works, but the second episode has been delayed and it's unknown when it will be released.
Bradley and Gary contains examples of the following tropes:
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?: This exchangeBradley: Hey, didn't we see that one Gary?Gary: No, that was Weekend at Bernie's.
- Berserk Button: Gary does not like being made to skip work to go on "wacky" adventures.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: The primary source of humor is Bradley speaking nonsense and Gary getting mad at him for it. One example:Bradley: I followed the moss on the rocks.Gary: What rocks?Bradley: The ones that look like that.Gary: Those are beetles.Bradley: Then why are they covered in moss?Gary: They're not. They're just green.
- Clip Art Animation: Although using actual photographs of the actors, who do not always match up with the voices they do.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Bradley, who almost never says anything that makes sense.
- Comically Missing the Point: This exchange:Bradley: I don't like the looks of this thing.Gary: Why? Too "shpooky"?Bradley: No, it's just that gray's not really a flattering color for rotting wood.Gary: What is a flattering color for rotting wood?Bradley: I don't know, mauve?
- Deadpan Snarker: Gary is mostly just snarky toward Gary and fairly stoic, except for when his Berserk Button is pressed.
- The Drag-Along: Gary does not like the adventures and wishes Bradley would just let him stay at work.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: Parodied in the pilot; according to Word of God the unrealistic, forced laughter just made it better.
- Fat and Skinny: Gary is fat and Bradley is skinny, while Gary plays the straight man in the relationship.
- Odd Couple: Uptight snarky Gary and whimsical silly Bradley are the main characters.
- Sarcasm-Blind: Usually played straight with Bradley, but there are some exceptions, such as this line which plays with it:Bradley: Yes, Gary, I definitely understand sarcasm.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Gary gets mad at Bradley most of the time, but is