[[WMG: Valeris was Savik's middle name.]]
She started going by her middle name after David's death as a tribute to him.
[[WMG: Marta was one of the 100 the Founders sent out.]]
A few of these other 100 had been discovered and created the legend of Chameloids.
[[WMG: Colonel West was actually Odo, on an early mission from the [[Series/StarTrekDeepSpaceNine Founders]] to destabilize the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.]]
* He must have suffered some long-term memory loss after this movie to make him forget who he was and why he was there. As for him getting shot out the window and lying in a puddle of blood, it's all part of his scheme to keep his cover.
** Then how come his blood didn't turn to changeling-fluid when Colonel Worf rubbed it between his fingers?
*** The possibility of "holding" a supply of Solid blood to dispense for [[SpotTheImposter blood tests]] is at least discussed on ''Series/StarTrekDeepSpaceNine''.
** Odo's day-to-day appearance was based on the Bajoran doctor who studied him. And as Odo himself pointed out to Kira, it's just a shape he assumes, not part of his identity the way it is with us solids. There'd be no reason for him to resume it for a completely different identity decades later.
*** [[ComicallyMissingThePoint Ye gads]], you mean the ''Bajorans'' were in on the plot too?!
** How about Martia as a Dominion spy? We know she's a shapeshifter.
[[WMG: The Universal Translator is responsible for Spock's "Nixon" line.]]
* According to Spock, "There is an old Vulcan proverb: only Nixon could go to China." Perhaps what happened is, when speaking the proverb, Spock switched from English to Vulcan and the universal translator also translated the idioms. Instead of a Vulcan name and a Vulcan location, it pulled from the memory banks the best historical comparison that would be understood by someone who spoke English (namely, "Nixon" and "China").
** The translator would need to be a function of the ship- in the Klingon courtroom, Kirk and [=McCoy=] need a listening device they have to hold up to their ears. No comm-badges with built-in translator in those days.
* Alternately, Spock had a brain fart and pulled out one of his mother's proverbs instead of one of his father's. What, you expect him to be on the ball all the time?
[[WMG: Lieutenant [[TheMole Valeris]] was actually the [[SoapOperaRapidAgingSyndrome rapidly aged]] daughter of Captain Spock and Lieutenant Saavik conceived on the Genesis Planet.]]
* Due to the Genesis Wave being present in the reborn Spock's cells while on the Genesis Planet, Valeris surely must have been conceived with Saavik when she had to help the aging teenage Vulcan captain during his period of ''Pon farr''. And there was quite the time gap between the events of 2285 [[Film/StarTrekIIITheSearchForSpock The Search for Spock]] and 2293 [[Film/StarTrekVITheUndiscoveredCountry The Undiscovered Country]], so a period of eight years passed. This would give enough time for Valeris to age into a twenty-something year-old Vulcan and secretly graduate at the top of her class at Starfleet Academy.
* On that note, having one-quarter Romulan ancestry from the half-Vulcan half-Romulan Saavik, Valeris' more cunning attributes and potential for betrayal grow with age. And after hearing from Saavik (maybe) and Kirk about the death of David Marcus at the hands of the Klingons, she might have taken it upon herself to avenge his death to add another motive or excuse to her being in cahoots with Admiral Cartwright and Colonel West on the Federation's side, General Chang on the Klingons' side, and Ambassador Nanclus on the Romulans' side.