- Sei's alter ego. Somehow. Maybe there's a fightclub thing going on here.
- An alien.
- A shape-shifter alien.
- From the future.
- From the past; he's a young version of Sei's dad.
- From some other Gundam timeline.
- A dimension jumper, as is Ramba Ral (who either lost his memory or knows what he is doing and is being covert)
- He's a prince as he explains in Episode 2.
- He's a prince from another dimension where the Plavsky particles originated from.
- A genetic experiment escaped from his captors.
- A princess. It wouldn't be Gundam without one.
- Sei's half-brother by his missing father and a woman from one of the other Gundam-verses, perhaps a canon character like Marida.
- A plastic mannequin animated by Plavsky Particles.
- We get a clue in episode six: Reiji said that he came "all the way to this world" at one point. So now we're narrowed down to everything that can possibly involve either dimension-hopping or aliens.
- Another clue popped up in Episode 7, he came from a place where seawater are not salty. Mr. Ral made a WMG of his own saying that he might be from the colonies.
- On top of that, wherever he's from, based on how he behaves, we know that he didn't go to school (someone who had gone to school should know full well that you can't just go barging into one you're not a student of) and didn't have a normal home life (based on how he just makes himself at home with Sei and is overly delighted at ordinary things such as having a mom to make you home cooked meals.)
- A Time Lord.
All the protagonist Gundams from every single series represented in a Gunpla will be on the same screen together
The likes of the RX-78, Zeta, ZZ, ALEX-NT 1
, Nu, F91, GP-03 Dendrobium, V2, God, Wing Zero, DX, Turn A, Strike Freedom, Destiny, 00 Raiser, Beginning 30, any of the AGE's, and others from Gundam Sentinel, Crossbone, any SD series, etc will all be in the same shot for an awesome moment.
- Some fans rejoiced that 2 Blue Destiny Units (01 and 03) made a short appearance in Episode 3.
The Musha Gundams from Dynasty Warriors Gundam will appear in this show
These two were made into Master Grades, so it gives them an opportunity to appear in the show
- The first Musha Gundam was created for a manga series that was very similar to this show so it's pretty likely.
There will be a character that is well-versed in Gundam as a franchise
In a manner similar to Gai from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
, there will be a character who is such a Gundam fanatic he'll know all the intricate little details for the sake of the audience.
- Sei himself seems to be this.
- Um Mr. Ral??
Tomino will appear as himself
- Variation: Tomino will appear as himself and murder the entire cast.
- Let's raise the stakes here, shall we? He will do it with the Turn A. And a 00 Quanta will be destroyed in the mix.
Gundam Build Fighters is the afterlife of the other Gundam universes
After dying in 0079, Ramba Ral ends up in this universe.
- Jerid and Kakricon look-alikes are also seen in episode 4.
- It's Gundam version of Valhalla. They will continue fighting, but no longer have to fear about lossing people they love.
- Amuro became reincarnated as Sei's dad
- Char MIGHT be Tatsuya Yuki, not only is he this series Char clone, he has girls from lower grades flocking over him.
- Kirara is Yurin L Ciel
- Dozle Zabi's reincarnation, a fallen Gunpla builder turned Land Shark named "Tatsuzo", is in Episode 7, though rather than piloting the Big Zam, he pilots the similar Apsalus III, built and piloted by Ghinias Sahalin from the 08th MS Team, he even calls Mr. Ral "Lieutenant".
- If we go by the voice actors from previous series, it is safe to say that Alia is a reincarnation of Yurin.
- Alternatively, one can argue that Aila's a reincarnation of Aina Sahalin. She even accidentally borrows Aina's name in Episode 18.
- The Renato brothers are more or less the Frost brothers.
- And judging from the previews, Meijin's opponent in Episode 22 is Graham Aker.
If the Build Gundam Mk II being piloted by Reiji an indication, there's a high chance he'll be able to finally fight Gunpla battles on his own without Reiji doing the battles for himself. (Idea for WMG here.
Mr. Ral actually is Ramba Ral
He wound up in Another Dimension
after he died, and Gunpla is his way of amusing himself.
Mr. Ral is a Ramba Ral mannequin animated by Plavsky Particles
He seems to know a lot about them, at least.
Mr. Ral is Novel-verse Ramba Ral
It would explain how he's not dead
- That white-haired girl does seem to be the requisite Expy. Wait...yup, she has Yurin's voice actor.
- Let's take this farther. Perhaps she will parody the "Dead Gundam Girlfriend" cliché that the series is incredibly infamous for?
- Played with and then gloriously Jossed in Episode 21.
The Plavsky Particles are somehow related to the Nestene Consciousness
Because it wouldn't be WMG without somebody spergin' about Doctor Who
- ... And since Gundam AGE wasn't well received, it probably will lose.
- Jossed. Gundam AGE's mobile suits won't appear because of copyright issues, mostly since AGE's co-creator company, Level5 has a hand in it.
They will use Plavsky Particles to bring the 1:1 Odaiba Gundam to life
- Because, why the fuck not.
- well, they animated a 1/48 (though look like a 1/12) Zaku to life...
Theories on a main villain.
There's got to be something bigger going on than just gunpla fighting. Personally, I think there will be two: First will be either a weapons manufacturer or a terrorist group finding some weapons application for the Plavsky Particles. The second will be people from wherever Reiji's from coming to earth and wreaking havoc.
- Whoever it is, it'll pilot a custom ∀ Gundam or Turn X. Moonlight. Butterfly.
When Takeshi comes back, he will use the good old RX-78-2
Most likely late in series, Sei will be too focused on manipulating Plavsky Particles in order to counter a very nasty opponent, only to find it's impossible to overcome that thing. Then Takeshi appear, ask him for a friendly match, and give the duo one heck of battle. Regardless of outcome, Sei will realize that he can't just ignore the traditional build technique.
The secret of Plavsky Particles is connected to wherever Reiji comes from.
Perhaps Plavsky Particles were brought to Earth by people from Reiji's world.
- Confirmed. In Episode 11, the CEO of PPSE recognizes Reiji and wonders what he's doing on Earth.
Alia's Gunpla uses Turn A parts, not funnels
- It is called the Papillon.
The main characters are going to journey to Arian.
- Because what better way to explore Reiji's character and to find the truth about Plavsky Particles? Plus, Sei's reactions when he learns that A) Reiji was being truthful to him the entire time and B) his dork pilot is the crown prince, will be pure gold.
Theories on why Mashita is so hellbent on stopping Reiji.
- He's terrified when he sees the prince from another world competing in the tournament. Why? What will Reiji winning actually do? There has to be a reason besides Reiji revealing the nature of Plavsky Particles to the world. It doesnt seem like something he would do.
- My guess? Mashita stole the Plavsky Particle technology from Arian, possibly from Reiji's family in specific. This is also why PPSE is so secretive about the Particle; he doesn't want people finding out that they didn't invent it themselves.
China will be the pilot of the Exia Dark Matter.
Destiny Gundam will appear...
- …only to get defeated just like most SEED units. Its Gunpla pilot will be a Shinn Asuka's lookalike.
- …Wackymodder84 would be INCREDIBLY happy and make a video about it. Come on, it's bound to happen.
The Exia Dark Matter
- …will produce Plavsky particles instead of using ambient particles from a Gunpla battle system. Its glowing chestpiece, instead of plastic, will be a gem similar to the one Reiji has, which we know are somehow tied to Arian and Plavsky particles, and grants Reiji his teleportation abilities.
The winner of the 7th Gunpla Battle World Championship...
- …will be Patrick Mannequin. We know that the plot demands that Sei and Reiji face off against Meijin Kawaguchi, assuming that both teams have plot armor until the finals. However, that's not what's going to happen. Patrick the Indestructible will defeat the Meijin in the semi finals because he's that good, and Sei and Reiji will lose to Aila because she's "the ultimate gunpla pilot". Sei and Reiji will then face off against Kawaguchi for third place in the tournament. Going back to Patrick Mannequin, he'll have no trouble defeating Aila and winning the championship because despite her skill, he's immortal and/or indestructible. He's probably also behind the Exia Dark Matter.
- Sei and Reiji won their battle against Aila. They can still face off Patrick in the finals though if Meijin loses however.
Ral-san was the winner of the 1st Gunpla Battle World Championship.
- Note how respected he is, how all the old timers and veterans know him, and he's famous enough to have a nickname - "The Blue Giant" - and everyone calls him Lieutenant, even Fellini. That HGUC Gouf that he won't use? He probably used that in the final battle against Takeshi Iori.
Possible Battlers for upcoming Gunpla (Spoilers Abound)
- Exia Dark Matter: Meijin. Looking at the opening stinger of Episode 20, Allan calls up his team at the PPSE and orders the rollout of "Unit A5". The screen cuts to an image of the Ptolemaios I, opening one of its hatches, and revealing what looks like a partly-built Gundam Exia (definitely a Shout-Out to the 00 Movie's opening sequence).
- Miss Sazabi: Unconfirmed, but possibly Aila; one of the teasers of Episode 19 shows the Qubeley Papillon taking a bad hit from Fenice.
Why invest so much in making elite build fighters?
It's safe to say that in the GBF universe, gundam fighting is sort of like a sport. One primarily enjoyed and viewed by children and teenagers. And there are people out there using questionable technology and practices in order to produce the perfect build fighter. FOR. A. KIDS. GAME. Why?
- For the prize money, corporate reputation and fame. Real life sports have shades of this so it isn't surprising.
- Besides, it's possible that the technology can be used in other fields also. For example, the same training techniques used with Aina could be used to make some kind of supersoldiers, bringing it Full Circle, as it was probably inspired by Gundam Cyber-Newtypes.
- Also, more prosaically, as with all sports, there will always be betting, both illegal and sanctioned.
The final battle will be based on G Gundam
's final battle
It will take place after the tournament proper, and will be all of the Gunpla Fighters vs the Big Bad
. It will end with Reiji and Aila performing the Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken.