Video Game / Toys Vs Nightmares
Toys Vs Nightmares
is an online Flash Tower Defense
game made by Xplored
. It's basically about toys fighting against monsters from children's nightmares
It is currently night-time, and nightmares are coming out of nowhere and seek to capture a poor, frightened child who is huddled under blankets. However, there's hope for this child, coming from an unlikely ally - toys! Your mission is to organize and upgrade your various toys, and obtain and stockpile "fantasy" (which is required to summon the former) to defeat the legions of nightmares. But be warned, these nightmares won't go down easily, and are constantly sending new kinds of monsters and tools your way. Will you be able to defeat these monstrous nightmares and save the child?
This game can be played at here
Toys Vs Nightmares provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: The main attack which your basic toy starts off with are robotic arms. It gets even more diverse and zany as more toys are unlocked.
- Action Bomb: Several of the toys fulfill this role, particularly the Baby Boom and the Kamikaze Bear once destroyed.
- Airborne Mook: The Vampire can turn into a bat to fly over most attacks before landing.
- Construct Additional Pylons: Books, and their assorted upgrades, being the pylon of choice here.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Children's toys are fighting nightmare monsters.
- Follow the Leader: This game takes a lot of the design elements from Plants vs. Zombies. According to Word of God, this game was heavily inspired by Plants vs. Zombies and an event involving his son.
- Hold the Line: Every level of this game is this.
- Immune to Bullets: The Ghost is immune to most attacks; only the miner's light can damage it.
- Spread Shot: Aliens are able to do this, which makes them very effective when the whole field is full of them.
- Stone Wall: The Blocks and Kamikaze Bear can only be used to defend your attacking toys. And they sure can take LOTS of hits. Though, the Kamikaze Bear also doubles as an Action Bomb once destroyed.
- You Require More Vespene Gas: Fantasy is the form of currency for deploying your toys. It can only be produced and harvested by Books. Thankfully, the production rate can be sped up by rapidly clicking on the books.