''My Little Pony: Friendship Gardens'' is a PC VideoGame about Franchise/MyLittlePony. Released during the Generation 2 era (1997-2003), it's a RaisingSim game--you raise and care for your own Little Pony. Gameplay is divided between the farm, where you care for your pony, and Pony Village, where you can play games. Along the way, you can teach her to jump fences, play games with other Ponies, and eventually cross the rainbow to Ponyland. But don't let her rainbow fade away!
This game is also notable for featuring the Gen 2 ponies and giving them personalities (G2 is the only one to never get any AnimatedAdaptation). Sundance is an explorer, Morning Glory likes games, Sweet Berry likes to bake, Ivy's a glamour girl, and Lightheart likes playing jokes.
Not to be confused with ''WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic'', which is from the fourth generation, or for the game based on that series, ''VideoGame/MyLittlePony'', or with ''WesternAnimation/FriendshipGames''.
!!This game contains examples of:
* AnimeHair: While this is a feature of all ponies, Lightheart is one of the few to have tri-color hair.
* BigEater: Your pony can eat the entire stock of apples, cupcakes, lollipops, and pizza, forcing you to grow new ones.
* ButNowIMustGo: Once your Pony's all grown up, she must cross over the rainbow to enter Ponyland.
* CreepyCrows: Crows can eat the crops you grow.
* EverythingsBetterWithRainbows: The rainbow shows how your Pony is feeling, and at the end she crosses one to Ponyland.
* ExpositionFairy: The butterfly tells you what to do and where to go.
* TheFashionista: Ivy's trait is loving fashion, and she runs a hair salon and boutique.
* FunPersonified: Lightheart loves jokes and games, and her room is full of them.
* HelloInsertNameHere: You can name yourself and your Pony.
* HolidayMode: Playing on your birthday gets you a surprise from the ponies.
* LetsPlay: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59JjCCyeo80 Capnbritish]] has one.
* MiniGame: Tic-Tac-Hoof, dress up, dancing, various jigsaw puzzles, and baking.
* OneGenderRace: Your pony will always be female, even though G2 had a few boy ponies in the toy line.
* RidiculouslyCuteCritter: The ponies, and some background animals.
* ShoutOut: One of Ivy's hairstyle choices is [[Franchise/StarWars Princess Leia's]].
* SimulationGame: You raise your little pony.
* TheStoic: Morning Glory doesn't raise her voice and speaks close to a monotone.
* TalkToEveryone: You must visit all the ponies to help win the game.
* TeamMom: Sweet Berry acts as the big sister to the other ponies, and loves to bake sweet treats for her friends.
* ThereIsOnlyOneBed: Lightheart and Sweet Berry share a cottage.
* VideoGameCaringPotential: You can feed your pony apples, play games with her, brush her hair, teach her how to jump, and generally keep her happy. Make a mistake in raising her, such as overfeeding her, and watch the guilt abound.
* VideoGameCrueltyPotential: You can feed her green apples which make her sick, overfeed her, feed her only junk food, refuse to feed or quench her thirst, and ignore her.
* VirtualPaperDoll: You can choose your pony's body, mane, and tail colors. You can also do the same with Ivy and give her clothes. In an [[WhatCouldHaveBeen early screenshot]], this was done to your pony instead.